A Bit Political
You came to the right place!
A Bit Political is the first non-partisan “political portal.” It’s designed to give you the information, resources, and encouragement you need to get more involved politically. We are here to help you find your voice and fight for the cause(s) you believe in. We’ll show you how to make the biggest difference in the smallest amount of time – with the least amount of effort.
Founded by former political activist Harold D. Thomas, A Bit Political is the go-to place for Americans who want to: 1) Fight for the causes(s) that have a direct impact on themselves and those closest to them, and/or 2) Make their city, state, and/or country a better place for everyone.
It doesn’t matter if you’re already knowledgeable about the political process, or entirely new to it. It doesn’t matter how old or educated you are. And it doesn’t matter what your political or religious beliefs are. We can help. You don’t need to be frustrated by the political process anymore. With our help, you can make a difference.
A Bit Political – Mission
Unlike most political websites, A Bit Political avoids partisan bias, does not take stands on specific issues, and is not a news organization. Instead, we are the friendly mentor who wants to help you reach your own political goals. A Bit Political will empower you by showing you how to be a more informed, active, and impactful citizen.
Here’s how we can help you:
- Have gaps in your knowledge of the political system? Pick up what you need to know at Political U[niversity]. Also check out our Links page for documents and reference material.
- Need to find a cause? Select from our list of 96 issues, conveniently arranged by interests and subject areas.
- Need to know how you can put your skills and knowledge to work? Find your Political Personality, then learn what groups and candidates need.
- Looking for inspiration? Read success stories about ordinary people who have made an extraordinary difference in their community, state, even nation!
- Know what you want to do, but need a mentor? Read about our Consulting Services, both free and fee-based.
- Want to discuss some political issues from a non-partisan perspective? Read our posts under What Do You Think?
- Just want to have a little fun? Enjoy our “Just for Fun” posts with gentle political humor and trivia.
Note: Some posts and pages refer to the “Get Involved!” tab on the menu bar. The tab has been renamed “Make a Difference,” but any link labeled “Get Involved” will work correctly.
A Bit Political – Founder
A Bit Political was founded in January 2013 by Harold Thomas after forty years as a political operative, candidate, issues activist, blogger, and author.
Harold has a lifelong passion for politics. He was a political science major in college, worked for a county political party organization, was twice a candidate for public office, and helped several other candidates in various capacities. He has also worked inside state government and understands the complexity, and often the frustration, of the state-federal government relationship. (Longer biography)
Frequently Asked Questions